Since roleplaying is one of my favorite pastimes, and writing about it doesn't require spending hours in the library, I'm considering writing my paper on it.
Can anyone help me come up with categories of roleplaying? Despite being a roleplayer for six years, I haven't ever really paid attention to the terminology associated with the subject.
2. MUD/MUSH (is there a difference?)
3. chatroom roleplaying
4. IM (instant message) roleplaying
5. Pen & Paper (what is this?)
6. Tabletop roleplaying (is this P&P roleplaying?)
8. messageboard roleplaying
9. stand-alone story roleplaying (writing stories starring your characters, hmm maybe this one shouldn't count?)
10. blog roleplaying (the category I most recently started playing in)
Anything else I'm forgetting? So confused.