Which led me to this post. No, I'm not just posting about the game... but it got me thinking. I'm anxiously awaiting the game - mainly b/c I've heard so many good things about Godlike and other games the creators have worked on... and b/c I've shelled out the money in advance on it.
I'm trying to think of when the last time I was this hyped up over a game/product that was coming out. There are a few times I can think of, off the top of my frazzled head:
- AD&D 2nd Edition: C'mon, if you were an AD&D 1e gamer, you had strong feelings one way or the other about it, long before it came out. Most of my group was convinced it was going to blow (and when they played, they changed their minds.) I was really looking forward to this.
- PARANOIA 2nd: I loved the first edition, but when I was ready to run it... it was out of print. And then I heard a new edition was coming out and, oh my ponies, was I psyched.
- DC Heroes: I never cared much for the Marvel game - it wasn't complete shite, but it was close. When I first heard about the DC game (set in the universe I prefer out of DC v Marvel), the teenage fanboy that I was had a geekgasm.
- Mechwarrior: A RPG set in the world of Battletech? Holy flying monkeys, I wanted some of that!
- The new World of Darkness: Still haven't really looked at any of the other games (Vampire, etc), but I was really psyched about the nWoD core rules, and think they did a bang up job with them.
Sure, if I try hard enough, I'd come up with more... what're the ones y'all geeked over the most?